Entry Level Staff Attorney
Jefferson County Courthouse, State of Alabama
Presiding Judge Elisabeth French is now accepting resumes from 3Ls and recent graduates interested in a staff attorney position. Staff attorneys assist in all aspects of the Court.
Duties consist of:
- assisting with jury and nonjury trials;
- legal research and writing;
- maintaining detailed notes regarding Court hearings and proceedings;
- reviewing briefs and trial records;
- conducting careful surveys of the law and precedent;
- serving as a liaison between the Court and the Jury; and
- assisting with administrative duties as needed.
Requested Documents: Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: Admission to the Alabama State Bar, excellent legal research and writing skills, professional interpersonal skills, proficient computer skills, internet research, word processing skills, and the ability to manage a large number of cases and administrative responsibilities.
This is a full-time position. One year salary: $21,000 plus benefits. Call 205-325-5200 for details on salary and benefits.
The deadline to apply is June 1, 2020.