Personal Injury Firm Looking for a Paralegal/ Legal Assistant for Birmingham office
- Strong verbal and writing skills; wants to be part of a client focused team helping clients handle legal issues.
- Capable of performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties typically related to a legal support role
- Prepares, processes mails, faxes, copies, and/or arranges for delivery of documents to clients, witnesses, opposing counsel and court officials;
- Maintains filing systems, control records and indexes using moderate independent judgment;
- Data management including document databases, email and hard copies;
- Communicates with clients, court personnel, experts, attorneys and others via telephone, email, in person, and in writing, obtaining and giving information as directed;
- Opens and closes files, and maintains client and business files by filing and retrieving materials as required;
- Screens phone calls; records and delivers messages and provide callers with information as authorized by attorney;
- Orders medical records, subrogation, and various other request as need per case
- Set up claims with insurance companies
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail is most important
- Ability to take direction is necessary
- Experience in drafting and filing pleadings and discovery
Applicants can email resumes to: