Litigation Legal Assistant
Christian & Small LLP has an immediate opening for a full-time litigation legal assistant. The successful candidate will assist attorneys through the performance of complex administrative duties requiring knowledge of legal terminology and the legal process.
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners.
- Drafting correspondence; and typing and formatting legal documents.
- Opening, organizing, managing and closing files.
- A team player who will take ownership and become familiar with clients, cases, and files.
- Expert knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and basic math.
- Highly proficient in scheduling meetings and managing calendars; and making and/or changing travel arrangements.
- Minimum four years experience in a litigation support role in a law firm preferably in the areas of Business & Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Product Liability, Professional Liability and Real Estate.
- Substantial knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, etc.).
- Working knowledge of document management software systems.
- Candidate must be highly organized, detail-orientated and proactive.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com