Legal Intake Specialist
Busy, downtown, civil litigation law firm is seeking an entry-level intake specialist/receptionist to join its team. The primary role consists of fielding leads from our marketing efforts by responding to phone and web-based inquiries, and completing the initial client intake evaluation regarding possible representation. The client should hang up from your call feeling respected and heard, with a clear understanding of next steps for possible representation. Other tasks will be assigned as time permits. Training for this position will be provided. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, patient, have a passion for protecting the rights of individuals, enjoy engaging with the public, and communicate in a cheerful and professional manner. Experience in customer service required. Preference for prior experience working in or with professional services organization. Strong organizational skills.
- Engaging phone presence and ability to reflect empathy, while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Ability to build rapport with potential clients and internally with colleagues
- Outstanding listening skills with an ability to play back what’s been said
- Ability to effectively respond to urgent situations that require a quick response
- Basic understanding of legal concepts and terminology (beneficial, but not required)
- Extremely responsive to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft products, especially Outlook, Word & Excel
- Comfortable with using or learning new software
- Manage Reception including incoming telephone calls and emails
- Promptly respond to potential client calls and web-based inquiries
- Manage follow up processes
- Takes detailed, legible notes
- Input and maintain client data and supporting documents in case management system
- Complete client intake form
- Onboard all new cases. Transmit intake forms to clients
- Monitor & track intake forms from clients to ensure properly set up for legal team
- Connecting clients to legal teams
- Other paralegal tasks and projects when available
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including firm leadership, management and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details within a much larger context and demonstrates good judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
- Must be team-oriented and collaborative.
- Must have the knowledge, background and confidence to think beyond what is asked.
- Must exhibit high energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude; articulate and confident.
Salary is negotiable. No health or dental insurance. Parking provided.
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.