Full Time Position for Columbiana, Alabama Law Office: Need for Legal Assistant
- Answering incoming calls, greeting clients, maintaining attorney calendar
- E-filing/e-service of documents in State (ALAFILE)
- Drafting of pleadings, proposed orders, discovery, correspondence to clients, etc.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Dropbox
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication and strong organizational skills
OTHER COMPETENCIES: understanding of legal terminology, local court/jurisdiction rules and adherence to law office procedures; ability to identify urgency and prioritize tasks accordingly; strong strategic thinker and decision maker; manage time and multitask effectively and displays problem solving skills by developing methods or approaches to getting the work done; maintaining composure under pressure, as well as adapting to new situations and changing priorities, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Pay commensurate with experience. This is an entry level position but has the potential for advancement. We are looking for someone who is willing to work hard and learn. Legal experience is preferred but is not necessary.
Please email resume and references to: email@example.com