RxBenefits is hiring!
We are adding an Attorney to the growing Legal & Compliance department in our Birmingham, AL headquarters.
The Attorney’s primary purpose is to provide substantive support to the Legal & Compliance Department and to work with the Director of the department in drafting and negotiation of all contracts. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking professional who is ready and able to exercise independent judgment in contract reviews, think creatively, and work well with internal and external customers.
Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiation of company contracts including those with Clients and Third-Party Vendors
- HIPAA Compliance, including drafting of and tracking of Business Associate Agreements
- Drafting and tracking of Nondisclosure and Confidentiality Agreements, and tracking compliance with the same
- ERISA Regulations
- Providing legal support on various company projects and initiatives
- Providing general legal support for company operations, such as researching and analyzing federal and state laws related to the healthcare/pharmacy industry, commercial contracts, and business transactions.
Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degrees are required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the legal field or in a related professional environment (compliance, legal analyst) is required
- Contract drafting and negotiation experience required; HIPAA experience preferred
- Demonstrated competence in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Must have excellent legal research and writing, organizational, teamwork and communications skills
- Self-motivation and attention to detail are important
- Must have the ability to take ownership, handle pressure, and prioritize multiple competing projects
Interested candidates should email resumes to: email@example.com.