New State of the Art Facility
Birmingham School of Law moved to its new campus in January 2014. The move to the newly renovated historic Judge Hugh A. Locke building marks the first time in the school’s history that the program has been located in a facility dedicated solely to legal education.
The three-story, 42,000-square-foot building kept the historic look and feel from the building’s original opening in 1920. The first floor includes a law library, computer classroom for accessing Westlaw and other online legal resources, a mock courtroom, conference rooms, a student commons, and a tiered classroom that seats 114 students.
Administrative offices and classrooms are located on the second floor, and the third floor is dedicated totally to classroom space. A roof terrace gives students a place to relax and enjoy one of the best views in Birmingham.