Temp-to-Full-Time – Probate Case Worker
Mid-sized law firm seeks an energetic individual with experience in estate and probate administration to work in the firm’s probate department. Individual will assist and advise attorneys in case assessment, strategy and management and will work directly with elderly and adult persons under probate protection. Assist clients in securing individual Medicaid benefits. Provide crisis intervention and management, and act as an advocate for protected persons’ concerns and community liaison. Travel to visit clients’ homes and assist in placements as may be required.
This is a temporary position with the opportunity for full employment status upon satisfactory performance. Salary – Negotiable.
- Strong analytical ability, and excellent interpersonal skills with sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Social work study or experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet and email.
- Experience dealing with low-income, diverse ethnic communities.
- Experience dealing with governmental agencies (such as Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security Administration, Veteran’s Administration, Department of Human Resources, etc.).
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Must have the ability to work independently and resourcefully with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks on a daily basis.
Candidates are preferred to have at least two (2) to five (5) years of probate or mental health/social work experience, including securing individual Medicaid benefits.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls)