Jefferson County Courthouse/State of Alabama
The Honorable Elisabeth French is now accepting resumes from 3Ls and recent graduates interested in a staff attorney position. Staff attorneys assist in all aspects of the Court.
Duties consist of:
- assisting with jury and nonjury trials;
- legal research and writing;
- drafting orders and opinions;
- verifying citations;
- maintaining detailed notes regarding Court hearings and proceedings;
- reviewing briefs and trial records;
- conducting careful surveys of the law and precedent; and
- serving as a liason between the Court and the Jury.
Requested Documents: Resume, Cover Letter, Writing Sample by email to email@example.com.
Qualifications: Admission to the Alabama State Bar, excellent legal research and writing skills, proficient computer skills, internet research, word processing skills, and the ability to independently manage a large number of cases.
This is a full-time position. Call 205-325-5020 for details on salary and benefits.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2019.