Probate and Estate Planning Paralegal
Mid-sized law firm seeks a qualified individual with experience in estate planning and probate administration and litigation for a paralegal position in the firm’s probate department. Individual will assist and advise attorneys in case assessment, strategy and management. Applicant must be proficient at multi-tasking, comfortable with and alert to details, friendly and professional in both demeanor and appearance.
This is a temporary position with the opportunity for full employment status upon satisfactory performance. Salary – Negotiable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- file organization and management;
- case organization and management;
- drafting pleadings
- drafting correspondence;
- preparing and issuing subpoenas;
- answering telephone calls;
- reviewing and handling bond coverage issues;
- review, indexing, and analysis of documents;
- research of property deeds and other information;
- generating probate settlement schedules and petitions;
- day-to-day interaction with Probate Court officials;
- liaison between Probate Court officials and other interested parties to advance the interests of protected persons.
Candidates MUST have at least three (3) years of experience specializing in probate administration and litigation, including estate and trust administration and guardianships/conservatorships.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com (no phone calls)