This job notice is for 1L & 2L Students Only.
Part-time Law Clerk/Runner Position
The law firm of Hale Sides LLC in downtown Birmingham is currently seeking a part-time Office Assistant/Runner to assist with clerical support to attorneys and staff. The weekly schedule is Monday-Friday from 10:00am-5:00pm with a 1 hour mandatory lunch break each day. The Firm is looking to fill this position immediately.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, modified or reassigned at the discretion of management and as needs dictate.
Specific Responsibilities (duties and responsibilities may be added, modified or reassigned at the discretion of management and as needs dictate):
- Provides support to the attorneys and staff as it relates to law office operations.
- Answer and route telephone calls.
- Take messages; respond to inquiries.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Assist with local vendor interaction,
- Keep database of local vendor contact information.
- Responsible for file organization, document retention/storage and file organization.
- Receipt and sort all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Point of contact for IT-related matters.
- Maintain of office supplies.
- Scanning and copying documents.
- Perform outside errands
- Serve court subpoenas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Multi-tasking capability.
- Must work well in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should send a current resume (with references) to the Firm Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org