Litigation Legal Secretary
Christian & Small LLP has an immediate opening for a full-time litigation legal secretary. The successful candidate will assist attorneys through the performance of complex secretarial/administrative duties requiring knowledge of legal terminology and the legal process.
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners.
- Drafting correspondence; and typing and formatting legal documents.
- Expert knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and basic math.
- Highly proficient in scheduling meetings and managing calendars; and making and/or changing travel arrangements.
- Opening, organizing, managing and closing files.
- A team player who will take ownership and become familiar with clients, cases, and files.
- Substantial knowledge of legal terminology, regulations and court system.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, etc.).
- Working knowledge of document management software systems.
- Candidate must be highly organized, detail-orientated and proactive.
- Additional experience in the areas of Insurance Coverage, Premises Liability, Products Liability and Transportation is a plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum four years of experience in a litigation support role in a law firm or corporate legal department environment, proficiency in MS Word 2010 and use of dictation equipment, and minimum 50 wpm typing required.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Competitive pay and benefits. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.