Navigate Affordable Housing Partners is now accepting applications for a
Navigate Affordable Housing Partners (Navigate) is a nonprofit providing services to the affordable housing industry with offices in Alabama, Mississippi, Virginia and Connecticut. This is a paid position based in the Birmingham, AL office. The ideal candidate will have completed the first or second year of a law school and expected to work closely with Navigate staff and corporate counsel in reviewing property titles, deeds, liens, and other information related to property acquisition. Weekly hours will vary according to business needs and schedules, but we expect the person will work no less than 20 hours per week.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regularly interact with corporate counsel on real estate matters;
- Review property titles, deeds, liens, and other information related to a parcel of land (single family, multi family, and commercial holdings);
- Research and make recommendations for resolving conditions that prevent securing a title policy;
- Assist with mitigating those conditions preventing the securing of a title policy;
- Prepare documents for filing of quiet title and other legal actions as needed;
- Assist with preparation and review of purchase agreements;
- Prepare general warranty deeds and other documents;
- Review leases and occupancy documents for eviction proceedings;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include but are not limited to:
- A basic knowledge of the construction processes;
- Have advanced knowledge of personal computers, iPads, tablets and software programs such as GIS, Excel, SmartSheet, and Visio etc.;
- Have knowledge of the principles, methodology and practices of research and data collection.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
Must have competed first or second year of a law school with demonstrated strong legal research, writing and analytical skills, be extremely detail oriented, have the ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills. Must consistently meet deadlines, have experience using free and paid research tools and methods, or have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
|Navigate Housing Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
The successful candidate must pass a post offer criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, a physical including drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to be insured under all corporate insurance policies.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, including a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.