The Legal Counsel provides accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics, collaborates with management to devise efficient defense strategies, and ensures legal conformity and minimizes the probability of exposure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, solidify, and review agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Other duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Licensed attorney in good standing and licensed to practice law in Alabama required.
- Prior contract review experience required.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Resumes, salary expectations and cover letters should be submitted via email to:
Debbie Blanco, Director of Human Resources