Law Firm in need of law clerk. Attention to detail and proper grammar skills a must. There will be some administrative duties such as answering the phone which will be dependent on caseloads, etc. Qualified applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Job duties, overseen by case manager and attorneys may include:
- Conducting initial case intake and investigation
- Preparing, filing and distributing pleadings
- Identifying and calendaring deadlines pursuant to the applicable rules of Court
- Organizing and preparing appendices, briefs, indexes, checklists, etc.
- Locating witnesses and assist with coordinating witness interviews, depositions, and trial appearance
- Factual and legal research
- Discovery management including evaluation and organization of document production
- Medical records acquisition, organization, and summarization
- Prepare attorney materials for depositions, motions practice, and mediation
- Trial preparation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay $12.50 per hour
- Birmingham, AL 35203
- Enrolled in law school or law firm work experience (not a runner or receptionist): 1 year
Interested candidates should email resume to: Stephanie@winingerlaw.com.