Law Clerk- Post-Conviction & Appellate
We are looking for a law clerk for the Summer of 2018 to work in our post-conviction & appellate practice area. Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in and passionate about post-conviction law and appellate work, is familiar with the court structure in Alabama, and is comfortable working and communicating with inmates and their families.
This position is in our office, full or part-time based on availability. Full-time is preferred, but we are happy to work with strong candidates and their schedules. Start date is flexible.
Position duties include:
- Legal research & writing memos to attorneys on findings
- Reviewing transcripts & records on appeal
- Drafting and editing pleadings including letters, motions, briefs, etc.
- Completing client intakes and communicating those intakes with the attorneys
- May occasionally perform work in our Criminal Defense or Civil Rights practice areas
This position is both reading and writing-intensive, so please be advised that a strong skill in writing and communication is paramount. Please send a resume & writing sample to Genevieve Turkett, Firm Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not required but you are welcome to include one.