Law Clerk- Civil Rights & Personal Injury
We are looking for a law clerk to work in our Civil practice area including civil rights, personal injury, and discrimination cases. We are looking for someone for the Summer, but can start earlier if available. Ideal candidate is someone who wants experience in civil law with a focus on plaintiff’s work, has strong writing and communication skills, and comfortable with independent legal research.
We are a tight-knit team who believe in working to people’s strengths and interests, so if there’s something you’ve always wanted to work on, there’s a good chance you’ll get to do it here. You will get feedback on your work and typically work one-on-one with the attorney.
This position is in our office, full or part-time based on availability. Full-time is preferred, but we are happy to work with strong candidates and their schedules. Start date is flexible.
Position duties include:
- Legal research & writing memos to attorneys on findings
- Processing discovery, reviewing evidence, organizing files & documents, etc.
- Drafting and editing pleadings & documents including demand letters, complaints, responses to motions to dismiss, etc.
- Completing client intakes and communicating those intakes with the attorneys
- May occasionally perform work in our Criminal Defense or Post-Conviction practice areas
This position is both reading and writing-intensive, so please be advised that a strong skill in writing and communication is paramount. Please send a resume & writing sample to Genevieve Turkett, Firm Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not required but you are welcome to include one.