Position for Birmingham, Alabama Office: Immediate Need for Legal Assistant / Law Clerk for a bankruptcy firm with offices in Pelham, Jasper, Oneonta.
Seeking a special individual who can mirror the care and compassion of the firm for people struggling with financial difficulties.
Position is for the Pelham office, occasional travel to Jasper office.
- Answering incoming calls, greeting clients, maintaining attorney calendar
- E-filing/e-service of documents in State (ALAFILE) and Federal Courts (CM/ECF)
- Experience with scheduling hearings
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel (Bestcase, a plus)
- Drafting of letters, pleadings, and attorney time entry
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication and strong organizational skills
OTHER COMPETENCIES: understanding of legal terminology, local court/jurisdiction rules and adherence to law office procedures; ability to identify urgency and prioritize tasks accordingly; strong strategic thinker and decision maker; manage time and multitask effectively and displays problem solving skills by developing methods or approaches to getting the work done; maintaining composure under pressure as well as adapting to new situations and changing priorities, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Position can be part to full time. Pay commensurate with experience. This is an entry level position but has the potential for advancement.
Please email resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org